Okay, so after much discussion on how to move our site to the next level and focus on quality and community engagement, I've revised our FAQ to make it much more concise.
While the previous revision had it's problems, one thing we did learn from all of our discussions is what the site is not about, which is pretty important!
Following the lead of Super User's FAQ, here is our updated FAQ:
What kind of questions can I ask here?
The site is for project management practitioners, academics and amateur theorists. This is a site about the field of project management for people who love the subject. Our site includes the following topics:
This site is about...
- Project Management Practices and Theory
- Tool Usage in Project Management
- Project Manager Career Advancement
This site is NOT about...
- Recommendations for blogs, books, links, or general terminology. (Just take a look at our top users' profiles! Many of them maintain popular, knowledgeable blogs)
- Tool recommendations
- General workplace issues (See The Workplace SE)
Project Management Stack Exchange is a community-run Q&A site, run by the community, with rigorous discussions about the site itself taking place on our Project Management Meta. Welcome to our site!
So, what did I miss? What else needs to go in the "What this site is about" category? What needs to go in the "What this site is not about" category?
top users' profilesunless we only have one top user with many profiles. :)